YouthPower Energy Camp is for students enrolled in the 8th grade in our service territory. The schools include Arnett, Buffalo, Fargo-Gage, Ft. Supply, Laverne, Mooreland, Sharon-Mutual, Shattuck, Vici and Woodward.
Northwestern Electric sends up to five students to Energy Camp at Canyon Camp in Hinton, Okla. While at camp, the students form a coke and candy cooperative, climb a utility pole, tour a generation plant, and participate in other exciting activities.
Students who wish to enter must meet the following criteria:
- Students must be in the 8th grade in NWEC's service territory.
- Submit an essay of 200 words or less on "What I would miss the most without electricity and why."
- Include a cover sheet with your name, your parents' or legal guardian's name, home address, telephone number, and name of your school.
- Mail the essay and cover sheet to: Jonna Hensley, NWEC, P.O. Box 2707, Woodward, OK 73802.
- Entry deadline is March 6, 2020.
The four-day camp starts on Tuesday following Memorial Day and runs through Friday.